Trip the Light Fantastic (with Oculus support)
A downloadable game for Windows
Trip the Light Fantastic is a VR enabled meditative game about exploring a vast, ever changing fractal lightscape .
The prototype is available for free on this site!
RockLeeSmiles said of the game:
"... it looks like you are looking through a microscope or something at times, and at other times it looks like you are looking at the universe..."
Trip the Light Fantastic got nominated for an AMAZE award! <3 v0.5 contains the changes we made for the festival, as well as some lower quality settings if your computer is struggling a little.
We had so many great and heartwarming responses from AMAZE, with many telling us that it was "beautiful" and "unlike anything they had ever experienced". If you have an Oculus DK2 we would love for you to try this out for yourself.
If played with an Oculus it requires no other controls and is a completely hands free experience. (currently only tested with an Oculus DK2)
If you do not own an Oculus it can also be played with a gamepad or mouse!
- Meditative audio-visual fractal exploration experience
- Fractally generated visuals, each playthrough giving a unique set of fractal landscapes to explore!
- Music by John Hattendorf and Ivo Mexicanopiumdog Sissolak
- Unlock new colors, patterns and audio layers as you progress through the game, or just sit back and take in the experience of an ever changing fractal universe
- Oculus controlled (no other input device required, just your head + Oculus)
- Non-Oculus supported too if you want to try it out anyway! (mouse or gamepad)
Please note that Trip the Light Fantastic is in very early development/prototyping phase, we plan to add more gameplay elements, more juice, more music and more amazing as time goes on.
We'd love to hear what you think and if you have any ideas for the game!
v0.6 now supports the latest Oculus runtime drivers and has some minor sound tweaks!
Click download now to get access to the following files: